It is the policy of 3Planets.com to respond promptly to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. The information below describes the information that should be present in these notices.
This is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to 3Planets as straight forward as possible while reducing the number of notices that we receive that are fraudulent or difficult to understand or verify. Read more about the DMCA.
The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site, http://www.copyright.gov/) but 3Planets will respond to notices of this form from other jurisdictions as well if they contain the proper information.
If you would like to file an infringement claim with us, you must provide a written communication (by regular mail — not by email) that sets forth the items specified below in the English language.
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Indeed, in a recent case (please see http://www.eff.org/cases/online-policy-group-v-diebold for more information), a company that sent an infringement notification seeking removal of online materials that were protected by the fair use doctrine was ordered to pay such costs and attorneys fees. The company agreed to pay over $100,000.
Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we strongly suggest that you first contact an attorney.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format (including section numbers):
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, “The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on http://www.example.com/legal_page.html”) or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed (for example, “The copyrighted work at issue is the “Touch Not This Cat” by Dudley Smith, published by Smith Publishing, ISBN #0123456789”).
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above.FOR WEB RELATED CLAIMS, YOU MUST IDENTIFY EACH SEARCH RESULT THAT DIRECTLY LINKS TO A WEB PAGE THAT ALLEGEDLY CONTAINS INFRINGING MATERIAL. This requires you to provide (a) the search query that you used, and (b) the URL for each allegedly infringing search result.For example, suppose (hypothetically) that you conducted a search on msn.com using the query “msn”, and found that the third and fourth results directly link to a web page that you believe infringes the copyrighted text you identified in item #1 above. In this case, you would provide the following information:
Search Query: msn
Infringing Web Pages: www.infringingwebsite.com directory.infringingwebsite.com
If you are sending a large number of URLs in one removal request, please also send an electronic copy of the notice to info at 3planets dot com.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit 3Planets to contact you (email address is preferred).
- Provide information sufficient to permit 3Planets to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content (email address is preferred).
- Include the following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign the paper.
- Send the written communication to the following address:3Planets.com
Attn: DMCA Complaints
801 South Blvd, Oak Park, IL 60302.